Christmas Countdown

Christmas Memories in My Heart is a place for me to share all things related to Christmas, which is my favorite time of the year. I plan and prepare for the holidays all year, so that I can enjoy that busy time without having to stress about shopping and all the details of the season.

I am actually able to decorate and then enjoy the spirit of the holidays and celebrate Jesus' birth and the reason for the season.

You can find links to my three favorite holiday sites in my sidebar. They are Organized Christmas, Our Home for the Holidays, and Magical Holiday Home. All three of these special places are like my home away from home. I have cyber friends there who I feel a great bond with and we share a common love of Christmas. We understand each other and support each other in our quest to have magical, wonderful holidays.


Please come back to visit often.
Felecia~printersdevil

Friday, July 24, 2009

CIJ Tea Party for One





I love a good party and Christmas parties are the best! In addition to my final CIJ Tablescape Party over on Playing Dishes, Maggi~katamommy over at Just Add Glitter and Stir is having a CIJ party all day Saturday, July 25. So click on the link and go on over and join the fun. She has Christmas music playing, has altered her blog title just for the occasion and has a great group of guests, who all have something special for Christmas on their blogs. So, settle back and enjoy this wonderful weekend of Christmas in July.

Don't forget to set your DVR to record QVC's Christmas in July 24 hour sale. (You can also log on to view at www.qvc.com).

Now for some fabulous Christmas tablescape fun!


As most of you know I have several blogs and am hosting a CIJ Tablescape Party each Saturday during July. This is the final week for this party. Since I posted about my new tea set on this blog, I decided to do a quick tea party for one to link to my Playing Dishes blog party. Hey, it is blog land, so I can attend my own party as a guest! Click here to visit the CIJ Tablescape Party Week 4. You will be able to see my table for this week and find links to all the other participants. Be sure to leave us comments because we love them.

I love the song, On the First Day of Christmas and when I found this cute little partridge in a pear tree a couple of years ago, I was estactic. I found it at Goodwill, still in the form cut stryofoam container. It has an ornament representing each of the 12 days in the song.



This little tree has been displayed during the holidays since that time. I have had so many people comment on it and ask where to buy one like it. It seems to be rather unusual.

I read on one of my Christmas message boards that HSN was hosting an early Christmas in July on the 15th, so I logged on to see what they had since we don't receive that network on my cable. I found the cutest little teapot for one called The First Day of Christmas and just had to order it.

Isn't it adorable?



Although the first day of Christmas isn't until Dec. 26, I plan to use this little teapot on Black Friday, which to me opens the holiday season. I think I might also use it on each Rudolph Day on the 25th from now until then also. Now that I have my little partridge in the pear tree out of the storage shed, it will also probably be used on each of these special days to help me feel the upcoming holidays.



Doesn't it just make you feel all warm and Christmasy?



If you have time to stay awhile, we can enjoy a cup of tea and I will let you use my new little treasure.



The drawing for the Christmas tablecloth giveaway to mark the end of this blog party will be held on Sunday.

26 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

I love your teapot and cup, just adorable.

xxx DJ

Anonymous said...

love the cup, so cute! visiting from Maggi's to say hello and merry christmas in July!

Jocelyn said...

Merry Christmas and oh I adore teapots......just stunning...Hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Mele Kalikimaka! Maligayang Pasko!

Oooh, how fun! I loved your beautiful Christmas tablescape! and your wonderful Christmas finds! Thank you for sharing a cup of tea and for your hospitality!

I also married my sweetie from high school (27 + yrs now)... well, I was a 16yr old Senior when I met him and he was a young, wet-behind-the-ears Airman. and my heart goes to you & your family regarding your son and parents. I miss my mom so! and our youngest son went through a very tough time of chemo in 2005...he is a strong, healthy 19 yr old now.

Blessings & Aloha!
Hope you have a bit of time to come to my family’s Christmas memory party :o)

JANN said...

Your holiday blog is simply fabulous.
Thank you for all the effort & hard work you put into this. Truly I feel like yours is the best!
Warm Christmas wishes to you & your loved one's. Adding a huge (((hug)))
all the way from Texas!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

I just love blogs that celabrate Christmas all year round.Its my favorite time to create.Everything was just lovely here today.I so enjoyed myself.Thank you so much for all your eforts.It was worth it.Merry Early Christmas Dear...XXOO Marie Antionette

laterg8r said...

what a beautiful little tea cup! merry christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Well now no one can say you dont have the true spirit can they? Love that there is someone who really keeps christmas in her heart 24/7!

I will be back...til then...well...you know...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

xoxoxoxox Rhonda Roo

Bananastamper said...

Thanks for the cup of tea! Just what I needed. Merry Christmas!

Shanna

Scrappy Girl said...

Merry Christmas in July!

What a sweet little teapot.

Maggi said...

HO HO HO!

I came in from the warm and sun,
To find that Christmas has begun!

Thank you so much for the tea, your little cup is adorable! And what a great find with the 12 Days of Christmas tree! They are perfect to celebrate a Christmas in July!

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Rest of Your Year!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas in July! Just stopping by from Maggi's. That tea set is just lovely! :)

<3 Gina

Unknown said...

what an adorable tea pot and cup! have a great weekend!

mo

Signing Out said...

What a sweet tree! The tea makes me feel so warm and cozy. I love your blog, too!

Jane

Daniella said...

Lovely post!! Merry Christmas!!

Angela said...

Thanks for the heads up on QVC. Planning for me is half the fun.. thinking and mulling over what gifts I will give!

Eileen said...

I'm so glad you joined the Christmas party - it's so nice to meet someone who keeps Christmas all year round! I love your teapot and cup, too. :)
Thanks so much for having me over. Stop by my place sometime for a visit.
~Bella (Beauty Does Matter)

Tee said...

I'm not a tea drinker, but I love your little teapot!

Rita Barakat said...

SUch pretty stuff! Merry Christmas in jUly!

Molly Anne said...

What cute finds! Thanks ever so much for the lovely cup of tea! Just the refreshment I needed while blog hopping.

Kara said...

Love the teapot!

Merry Christmas in July!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Hi,
These are wonderful finds and they be make me feel "all warm and christmasy."You have a great blog and I enjoy it very much.Thanks for stopping by and leaving me the sweet comment . If I can figure it out I will link to the table scapes , it was so kind of you to ask me. Merry christmas in July!
~Myrna

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Your little wooden tree is adorable!
Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

What a wonderful party!! You certainly know how to throw a Christmas holiday get together. What lovely cups of tea.....it makes everything so wonderfully warm and cozy!!

Hope you had just as much fun blog hopping as I have!!

xoxo

Michelle

GypsyFox said...

Love the tes for one! awesome blog, thanks for stopping by, Merry Xmas in July!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

That is the cutest tea pot & cup. And yes, you can be a guest at your own party. You are the host, so you can make up the rules as you go. lol.